Then, to complete the module, consider the Automotive Electronics series: Basic Electrics & Electronics (AE-1), Energy Supply and Starter Servicing (AE-2) and Measurement and Testing Technique (AE-3). These courses will help the serious technician:
- Know the basic functions of electrical and electronic components such as resistor, inductor, transistor, temperature sensor and diode.
- Know how basic electrical and electronics apply in diagnostic or modern vehicle.
- Know how automotive electrical power supplies work: Battery structures, testing and maintenance; Automotive starting and charging system; and Testing and repair of starter motor and alternator.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot the electronic components in the vehicle with diagnosis and measuring technique and tools such as multimeter, engine testers, oscilloscope.
- Understanding of electrical circuit diagrams. Function and diagnosis of automotive sensors and actuators of various vehicle systems.
- Explanation of various output and input signal. Display, control adjustments, settings and test methods of an oscilloscope.
- Waveforms interpretation, analysis and viewing techniques. Practical task will be carried out using Bosch oscilloscope equipment (KTS650, FSA series, etc.)